When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

TUESDAY'S NEWS ROUNDUP

Hello?  Is this thing on?  That is what you may be asking yourself since there has been a very lengthy hiatus happening here at "My People."  And I have missed it...well, I miss my people...have not had a whole lot of time or motivation for blogging for a bit, but because of a few news stories I have been following, I have decided to publish a news roundup.  Feel free to jump in and post YOUR favorite news story of late!  

I am ashamed, ashamed, I tell you, to admit that Charlie Sheen's over-the-top publicity stunt (if the man is crazy, he's brilliantly crazy) has kept me pretty much riveted, but today's Charlie Sheen story made me laugh out loud at 6:30 this morning.

Charlie Sheen's Warlock Threats 

Maybe the greatest part of this is that Denise Richards did not even give any response to the Tweet, which is what "mirthed" me.  (I made that word up because it seems very Warlock-like).  And hey, I am not making fun of the Wiccan life because I am acquainted with a couple of very sweet Wiccan people and love them dearly.  But, Charlie Sheen spouting Warlock threats all over the world in every public forum he can, is great reading, you have to admit.  I find myself slightly embarrassed for him, but do not want him to stop.  GO CHARLIE, GO!

The other story that makes my top three, (Sorry, I wanted to go for five, but the stupid clock keeps ticking over there to my left), is The one about the Florida teen who forced her mother to drive to a car dealership and buy her a car.  Forced her?  That was what went through my head.  It would be a cold day in the underworld before my teenage daughter forced me to do anything, much less purchase a car for her.  Of course, my daughter would never pull a gun on me, either. 

Out of Control Teen 

And probably the story that really made my morning was this one from Air New Zealand.  It makes me want to take one of their flights!  Richard Simmons climbs onboard to help everyone become Fit to Fly by exercising to the flight crew instructions.

Fit to Fly Air New Zealand

And that, my people, would be my favorite stories of the day, Tuesday, March 29, 2011.  I don't know about all of you, but I have begun to seek out almost anything that does not contain the words "radiation" or "earthquake" for my early-morning start-up routine.

I hope all my people have an awesome day by finding something to laugh at!   

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, Sweetie, I gave Charlie Sheen up for Lent. Not..really, but I'm not supporting his lunatic ravings anymore. :)
    What a jewel of a daughter...Ivy League Schools? Makes every pistol-whipped mother proud.
    Okay...this is going too far.

    ReplyDelete