When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

HI, IT’S ME, KATHY MCWHIRT

Just wanted to stop by here and tell you all how much I appreciate you participating in my blog!  I love you all so much!

When reading back over the fantastic musings of ya’all, I started thinking about the questions myself, and they are not easy ones to answer, are they?  But you guys did so so poignantly!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

And the least I can do is try to answer my own interview questions.  So, here goes…

I have questioned many times, if maybe I was not a good kid.  I know I must have just driven my parents bananas!  I was confrontational, talkative, sometimes sassy…not an easy child.  And because as an adult I am able to admit that truth, I spent a lot of time wondering if there was anything I had done that really overrode that attitude I possessed in my parents’ minds.

One day not so long ago, I was showing my dad a photo album I had made. I had meticulously printed out my favorite photos I had taken over the past couple of years, of the clouds, sunsets, moonrises, planets, and even the dark blue nothingness.  He seemed to enjoy looking at those pictures.  Then one day, when the nurses came in to care for him at his nursing home he said, “You should see my daughter’s pictures.  She is the best photographer I have ever seen!” 

While Dad did not realize what an impact that had on me, it turned into the most memorable moment of my fifty-two years on earth.

When I was a little kid, my favorite thing to do was play tennis.  From morning till night I could be found either on a tennis court or waiting for one to open up.  My favorite opponent or partner was my cousin, Tracy.  We were little tiny scraps of girls who could knock a backhanded tennis ball across the court and win the point easily, or serve up an ace without blinking. 

I also loved Barbie dolls…and boys.  I admit it.  I was a little boy-crazy for awhile there! 

Give me a hand!  No, I mean, seriously, give me a hand…I’m sitting on the floor and cannot get up!  From 0-53 in the blink of an eye!  Adios, ya’all!

No comments:

Post a Comment