When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

SPOTLIGHT ON MARIANN BLOSSICK

One of the people wandering around in my life is Mariann.  I had the good fortune of meeting her because we were both big fans of The Cowsills as kids and met through their website as adults.

I have always known Mariann as “Ponygirl” since she used that as her log-in name.  It fits!  Besides being a fan of The Cowsills, she absolutely loves horses!

Because of our passion for that power pop music, and her passion for everything equestrian, it came to no surprise to me when I posed my interview questions to her, and received the following answers:

Mariann?” I asked.  “What was your most memorable moment?”

She answered, “Seeing The Cowsills in Newport, Rhode Island, at Taste of Rhode Island, in 2000, and the other one is Cowsill-related, too:  Driving around New Orleans in Susan Cowsill’s mini-van when she took us on a "Katrina tour” in November 2007.”

My second inquiry to Mariann was regarding her favorite activity as a child.  No surprises here…”My fave activity as a child was the same as my fave activity as an adult:  Anything to do with horses!  Ride, brush, even shovel manure.”

Hats off to Mariann!  A sweet, fun woman I am happy to have met!

No comments:

Post a Comment