When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Monday, December 7, 2009

SAY HOWDY TO JOANN PAOLINO

In the year 2000, the year that was supposed to change life as we knew it with major computer crashes and who knows what else, I was lucky enough to go to Newport, Rhode Island, for the famous Taste of Rhode Island weekend.  Not only did I get to go, but big groups of fans of The Cowsills, that 1960s power pop family band who had big hits under their belts while still in middle school, or even kindergarten in the case of Susan Cowsill, went there too.  The Cowsill family originated from Newport, Rhode Island, and the city was more than happy to have their native sons back, bringing plane-loads of their fans with them, to celebrate a weekend of seafood, sounds, and the sea.  

I met there, a woman, a fellow fan, who I connected with immediately, and her name was JoAnn Paolino.  Her husband's birthday is the same as my boyfriend's birthday, and they are the same age, so we sort of thought we had another reason for that connection, and we have stayed pals ever since.  

JoAnn LOVES chocolate, and she can really, really bake with it, but really, that's not why I love her, seriously...no, really.  I don't just crave her friendship for her chocolate!  :)  

JoAnn is a genuinely sweet person with a beautiful new granddaughter and I asked her my interview questions and could "hear" the passion in her responses.

1.  What is your most memorable moment?


"Definitely the birth of my first child, my first son, Barry.  I wanted to be a mommy since I could remember.  I always loved children and still do!  I just can't imagine life without them around!"


2.  What was your favorite activity as a child?


"All my childhood memories are of my time at Salisbury Beach, MA.  We spent every summer there.  So many friends made, so many fun times...playing outdoors all day everyday, morning till night!  Sand castles, swimming, mud pies, dodge ball, tag, going to the penny-candy store, the amusement rides and games..."  


I sure wish I had known JoAnn and shared that childhood with her!


Say howdy to JoAnn Paolino! 


No comments:

Post a Comment